When you invest in any product, whether online or in-store, you expect it to work properly––or at least not cause any harm. Manufacturers are obligated to put their products through rigorous safety tests before allowing them in the hands of consumers. When a company does not prioritize a product’s safety, it could hurt dozens––even thousands of people.
If a defective product, such as a prescription medication, medical device, or motor vehicle, caused you harm, you can seek compensation. A Branch product liability lawyer from our team can investigate what happened, review your case’s facts, and file a claim. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers wants to learn your story today.
Two Things To Keep In Mind While Considering Legal Help
Here are two facts we want to share immediately:
- You have a limited time to file your lawsuit in Louisiana. The state only grants injured claimants a year to initiate litigation, per CC Art. 3492. Missing this deadline could invalidate your right to damages––leaving your injuries’ financial burden to you.
- It costs you nothing out of pocket to secure legal aid. We work on a contingency-fee basis. There is no need to put off your free case evaluation or the legal process because of concerns about payment.
It may seem like the entire world’s against you when pursuing damages. With us advocating for you, that won’t be the case. We’ll champion your rights and stand between you and any party that discredits your hardships.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability lawyer serving Branch, call (337) 777-7777
What Constitutes A Defective Product In Branch, Louisiana?
Many product liability cases arise from:
Defective products have inherent flaws that make them dangerous. For instance, a car manufacturer may release a line of vehicles that easily break down or cause collisions.
Manufacturing defects are isolated to a few products. They occur when there is a problem during the assembly and production process. For example, a medical device becomes contaminated during packaging. This can be dangerous for a patient with a weak immune system.
Most items we purchase come with some level of risk. For example, curling irons can cause burns. This does not mean that the product is defective, however. Manufacturers must add warnings and instructions so everyone can be well-informed about what to expect from the product and how to use it safely. If an item lacks sufficient warnings or guidelines, users can suffer harm.
Branch Product Liability Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
A Branch Product Liability Attorney Can Identify All Liable Parties
Multiple parties contribute to the development and distribution of a product. Our product liability attorneys serving Branch, Louisiana, can investigate your case to determine which party should pay for your losses. One or more of these parties may include a:
- Product manufacturer
- Defective part manufacturer
- Wholesaler or distributor
USA.gov notes that millions of defective products are recalled each year, from child’s car seats to cosmetics. Sometimes, a product can cause serious injuries in a single incident. In others, injuries develop over time. For instance, a defective deep fryer could burn you. In another instance, a toxic cosmetic product could cause skin cancer or irritation.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will hold every liable party accountable for your losses. It does not matter if the product that hurt you is still on the market. You have options.
Click to contact our Branch Personal Injury Lawyers today
Damages Our Branch Product Liability Team Can Help You Recover
Some compensable losses in your product liability case may include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Past and future income loss
- Diminished earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage
Some of these losses are easy to prove using bills and receipts. But other losses, such as pain, suffering, and mental anguish, are harder to quantify. Our product liability lawyers in Branch can identify your recoverable losses and assign a dollar amount to each of them.
In rare cases, the court may award you punitive damages on top of compensatory damages. Punitive damages punish parties that engage in malicious and fraudulent behavior during certain stages of product manufacturing, marketing, or distribution. Our team can evaluate your case and explain whether you could seek punitive damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Branch Product Liability Attorney Can Help You With Proving Fault
Under the Louisiana Product Liability Act, as per RS § 9:2800.51, you must prove that:
- You have injuries.
- The product in question had a dangerous design flaw, defect during manufacturing, or lacked adequate warning.
- The product’s dangerous aspect caused your injuries.
- You did not alter the product for use in any way.
You Need Evidence To Prove Liability In Your Branch, Louisiana, Case
You will need an assortment of evidence to successfully prove the elements listed above. Supporting evidence in your case may include:
- The actual defective product or any of its parts remaining after the incident that resulted in your injuries
- Documents from manufacturers and distributors, such as the product’s blueprint or safety testing results
- Expert witnesses, such as engineers, who may corroborate the product’s defect
- Any medical records that document your diagnosed injuries and prescribed treatment plan
Consider contacting our Branch product liability attorneys immediately, so we can start building your claim and gathering supporting evidence.
How A Product Liability Lawyer In Branch, Louisiana, Can Support You
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has the resources and legal expertise to litigate any product liability case. We’re ready to pursue damages by:
- Investigating your case to understand what happened
- Uncovering all liable parties
- Gathering evidence to bolster your case
- Securing expert witnesses to validate your injuries and the product’s defect
- Identifying and calculating your compensable losses
- Filling out paperwork completely and correctly, so there are no delays in the claim’s processing
- Negotiating with the liable insurer for the settlement you need
- Filing a lawsuit and fighting for maximum compensation in court (if the insurance company refuses to settle)
Our legal team can lead your product liability case, from filing your claim to obtaining compensation. We will also keep you updated throughout the process.
Contact Our Product Liability Attorneys In Branch For A Free Case Review
If you or a loved one suffered injuries from a dangerous or defective product, you are entitled to compensation. Whether you suffered a serious injury in an accident or developed an illness due to exposure, we’re here to help. To begin your free case review, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers now.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form