Hiring a Lyft driver to take you somewhere in Alexandria, Louisiana, can help you save on gas and perhaps time. But what happens if your driver gets into an accident, and you suffer injuries or property damage? An Alexandria Lyft accident lawyer with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you figure out your next steps after a rideshare accident.
You may be able to recover damages from the driver’s insurance company or Lyft, depending on whose coverage was in effect at the time of the crash. This may sound simple, but in most cases, it isn’t. Determining who’s at fault for the accident can complicate this matter. Either way, you should be compensated for your damages, and we can help. You can learn more about your legal options during a free consultation with our team. If we take your case, you don’t have to pay us any money. We collect our fees only if we win compensation for you.
Determining Liability in Your Alexandria, LA, Accident Is the Key Issue
You must seek medical help right away after a rideshare accident to ensure you treat the injuries you have and become aware of others you could have down the line. You should report the accident to the police and Lyft. Right after that, you may want to consider having our Alexandria Lyft lawyer review the facts in your case to determine who should compensate you for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Lyft doesn’t own vehicles; its drivers use their own cars and must have their own personal auto insurance. Drivers are required only to have the minimum liability coverage that their state allows. Still, that doesn’t mean Lyft doesn’t share a level of responsibility if its drivers find themselves in an accident. While Lyft has a $1 million liability policy, it only applies during certain parts of a passenger’s ride and if the driver is signed in to the company’s app.
- When the driver is not using the Lyft app, Lyft considers the driver “off the clock.” At this point, the driver’s personal auto insurance is in effect if they get into an accident during this time.
- When the driver is signed in to the Lyft app and waiting for a ride request, the driver’s personal insurance could be liable. If not, Lyft provides third-party liability insurance coverage.
- When the driver is signed in to the Lyft app and is on the way to pick up a ride request or driving their passenger to their destination, Lyft’s insurance policy is in effect.
We Will Stay on Top of Your Lyft Accident Case
We will investigate the case’s details to determine which insurance policy was in effect during your accident. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, we will focus on negotiating with the liable parties’ insurers for monetary compensation that restores your lost income, helps you pay your medical bills, and acknowledges your pain and suffering.
Insurance companies often stall accident victims and give them the runaround on their claims, but we will stay on top of your case to resolve it. Our Alexandria personal injury lawyer will take your Lyft case to trial if we aren’t able to settle with the liable party’s insurer.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accident lawyer serving Alexandria, call (318) 333-3476
You Have One Year to Sue for Damages in Louisiana
If you are thinking about taking legal action after a Lyft accident in the Alexandria, LA, area, you don’t have a lot of time. You have a year from the accident date to do so, per CC Art. 3492. If you lost a loved one and want to file a wrongful death lawsuit to recover damages, you have a year from the deceased’s death date, per CC Art. 2315.2.
We will need time to build the strongest case for you, so we encourage you to act promptly to protect your right to sue. If you miss this deadline, you risk losing the right to hold the liable party accountable for your injuries and accident-related damages.
Alexandria Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me (318) 333-3476
Can I File My Own Lyft Accident Claim?
Although there is no legal reason why you couldn’t represent yourself, this might not be the best way to go for several reasons.
- Recovery: If you’ve suffered an injury, you might need time to recover and get back to work. You have the freedom to concentrate on yourself rather than go through the added stress of presenting your case.
- Filing and negotiations: Legal cases are complicated, and there’s an established procedure to follow. If you’re interested in a settlement, you’ll need to be confident negotiating with insurance company representatives.
- Accurate compensation: You will also need to have a clear idea of the value of your claim. Are you sure that you are asking for everything that you are entitled to?
Many people believe that hiring an attorney will cost a lot of money. If this is the reason why you are thinking of representing yourself, we will discuss the costs below.
We Offer Legal Representation in Alexandria, LA, After a Lyft Accident
If you want help from a Louisiana law firm that looks after the interests of its people, then you’ll want to consider hiring Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. We care about the community, as our involvement in charitable projects shows. We will fight your case with tenacity and determination.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we’ve built a team of professionals who focus on your best interests. Testimonials from satisfied clients support our proven track record. We’ve recovered more than $200 million for our clients, solidifying our reputation for caring about the people we help.
Do I Have to Pay Anything Up Front?
We work on a contingency basis. You pay absolutely nothing until they settle your case. We’ll agree on a percentage that best represents our work on your case. The initial consultation is free, and we recover compensation only when you do.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do After a Lyft Accident in Alexandria, Louisiana
After an accident, you should take the following steps. Don’t assume that someone else will do all these things. They might, but there is no harm in being sure.
- Make sure that everyone is safe and out of harm’s way.
- Call 911 for police and medical services. Ask the police to give you a copy of your accident report.
- Ask the driver(s) for their details.
- Take photos and videos of the scene. Ask witnesses to do this if you are not up to it.
- Make notes about what happened while the details are fresh in your memory.
- Have a look around to see if there are any area video cameras or traffic cams that might have recorded the accident.
- Ask witnesses for their contact details.
- Consider getting in touch with our Alexandria Lyft accident attorney.
Call Us Today to Discuss Your Alexandria Lyft Accident
Having our Alexandria Lyft accident attorney who understands the complexities of rideshare cases and Louisiana law can save you a lot of worry and time. You can learn more about how to proceed during a free consultation with our Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers team. The initial meeting is confidential and places you under no obligation to work with us on your case.
It’s an opportunity for us to assess your case and decide if you should file a claim or lawsuit. This is also a good opportunity for you to ask any questions you have. If your case goes ahead, we will investigate your accident, prepare your case, and advocate for the best settlement possible. Call us today.