No matter how a skull fracture occurs, it is a serious injury with potential long-term effects. If you believe another person or party’s actions or negligence caused your injury and related medical issues, we can help you hold them accountable.
They may owe you money that can help you cover your injury-related bills. An Alexandria skull fracture lawyer can determine the value of your case and fight for the compensation you deserve. You can explore your legal options during a free consultation today.
Pursuing Compensation After a Skull Fracture
If you believe someone else caused your injury, you can seek to hold them responsible. If you are ready to pursue compensation and make things right for you and your family, our Alexandria catastrophic injury lawyers can advise you on what you should do after an accident and what kinds of costs can be covered by a settlement.
What to Do After Your Accident
If you are thinking about pursuing compensation after a skull fracture, you can take steps to protect yourself and begin building a case. You should:
- Keep copies of your medical expenses.
- Get a copy of the police accident report if there is one.
- Avoid talking to insurance companies or making any statements, including recorded statements.
- Not accept the first settlement offer. We can review it before you make any final decisions.
Now you can think seriously about contacting a lawyer and filing a personal injury suit.
Types of Compensation
Generally, the damages in a personal injury case can be divided into two categories. Economic damages reimburse you for bills and the income you missed due to your injuries. Non-economic damages cover your pain and suffering, which are the intangible ways the accident affects you and your loved ones.
A fair compensation offer should include economic and non-economic damages. Your compensation should help you pay:
- Your medical bills: The costs of treating a skull fracture can quickly begin to add up. Depending on the severity of your injury, you could be looking at long hospital stays and a need for physical therapy or prescription medications. Your compensation should help you pay off these bills in full.
- Lost income: If your skull fracture prevents you from working for days, weeks, or even months, that can create serious financial stress for you and your family. Few households can adapt to the loss of a paycheck for an extended time, so your compensation must make up for this lost income.
- Future care costs: If you need continued medical care for a skull fracture, these costs should be reflected in your compensation offer.
- Loss of earning potential: Your injury could prevent you from working in the same job or in the same industry. It may even prevent you from working at all. When this is the case, your compensation needs to make up for your lost earning potential.
- Pain and suffering: Your compensation should cover past and future pain and suffering you and your family experience because of your accident.
Laborde Earles injury was great for me they took care of me very fast and professional. If for any reason I need legal help they will be who I use.Client
How Our Alexandria Skull Fracture Lawyer Can Help
Injury attorneys can make pursuing an injury claim or lawsuit easier to manage and advise you throughout the case. When you become our client, our skull fracture lawyer in Alexandria will:
- File your personal injury suit promptly
- Assess your damages and determine the compensation you can recover
- Field settlement offers
- Communicate with all parties on your behalf
- Prepare you for testimonies or depositions
- Talk to medical professionals about your diagnosis
- Gather evidence needed to make your case
- Hold all liable parties accountable for your damages
- Defend you against any accusations of wrongdoing
- Answer all your questions about the legal process
- Keep you updated on any progress in your suit
- Fight for your recovery at trial if necessary
Proving that another person’s negligence or actions harmed you or a loved one can be challenging to do on your own. Our firm’s attorneys are ready to help you build the best possible case.
I thank God for Digger & David. I don’t know what we would have done if it hadn’t have been for them.Rick Smith | Client
Types of Skull Fracture Cases in Alexandria, LA
Our law firm has experience handling many types of personal injury cases. Skull fractures can occur in:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability cases
- Maritime accidents
- Truck accidents
No matter how you were injured, our lawyer will do their best to fight for the compensation that you deserve.
The reassurance from Digger and his staff gave me that renewed hope that it’s going to be okay down the road.Client
How Long You Have to File an Injury Lawsuit in Louisiana
In accordance with CC Art. 3492, Louisiana residents have just one year to file a personal injury lawsuit. So, if you pursue compensation after a skull fracture, it is in your best interest to act quickly. Time can pass by quickly as you try to recover and adjust to life with an injury.
As an added benefit, acting quickly can also benefit your case. It can make it easier for your attorney to gather evidence, talk to witnesses, and build a compelling case against those who were responsible for your injury. The faster you act, the faster you can potentially win a settlement.
They treated us like no other people would. Whenever we needed something they were there for us. I put my trust in them and I don’t regret it.Client
Can You Afford an Attorney for an Alexandria Skull Fracture Injury Case?
If you are concerned you cannot afford a skull fracture attorney in Alexandria, LA, we completely understand. That is why our personal injury lawyers work on contingency in cases. This means we collect a fee only at the end of the case if you win or receive a settlement. So, you and your family do not have to fight for compensation alone just because you are worried about finances.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today for a Free Consultation
If you are ready to learn more about how our Alexandria skull fracture lawyer works, contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. We can offer you a free evaluation of your skull fracture case and tell you more about how an attorney could be of assistance.